If I were to ask you how much time during the day do you spend on either computers, IPads, Smart Phones, Dumb Phones, ( with smart technology of course), or other computer type products, what would your answer be?
Let’s see; 8 Billion people in the world, divided by the number of countries who have no cell towers or can’t afford satellites, minus the folks who just don’t give a damn, plus the techies in the world, that equals about—- a Lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My answer would have been better had I rounded it up to the nearest who gives a dam, but I figured for the Government of “Holy Gobblesmack”, I was close enough. Now, with everyone using this technology, how many of them are what you would call really (that’s the technical name), computer literate?
Of course by computer literate, I am talking about those of us who are technically able to do such things as, but not limited to:
• Turning the computer on and off
• Maybe adjusting the intensity
• Saving what we write so we don’t lose our entire blog by screwing up (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
• Yelling at it when it locks
• Knowing where to take it when it breaks
If you are able to accomplish these technological tasks, Congratulations, you are like most of us. Now, if you are able to do the advanced things, like the members of NASA, or the NSA, such as:
• Set margins
• Insert pictures into blogs along with music
• Put the computer to sleep, (oops, sorry, I meant in sleep mode)
• Wake it up without being cranky
• Actually find deleted documents or…
• Print in 3D or Technicolor ( OK, I just made that up)
Then, you are what I would consider a computer genius and I will be coming to you for help. I’m so un-computer knowledgeable, I’m still getting, “Did You Mean Bla, Bla, Bla” when I ask for something in the search column. I guess it just takes a while huh? Practice makes perfect I guess, well, back to the drawing board.